Our Infrastructure Project Management services have been a key component in the timely delivery of many complex and time-constrained infrastructure and data center projects. With proven expertise in the following areas we are strongly positioned to deliver your infrastructure projects on time, on budget and to specification:
- Project management methodologies
- Infrastructure and Data Center design and implementation
- Vendor coordination and management
- M&E requirements definition
- Deliverable management
- Project documentation
- Site office management
- Budgeting and cost control
- In-house skills in Networking, Unix, Desktop, Market Data and Telecoms
EIRE Systems is a member of the Project Management Institute (PMI) and BICSI.
EIRE Systems provides costing, planning and coordination for technology and people relocations, and restacks of existing buildings. These relocation and restack projects have varied in size from several 10’s of users to over 1,500 users. Project deliverables have included full documentation of pre- and post-migration desktop, server and market data systems including topologies and system designs, dependency analyses, budget and cost tracking, migration scheduling, lead-time analyses, procurement procedures, risk management, implementation management, and user acceptance testing.
EIRE Systems also provides Managed Services for Moves, Adds, and Changes (MACs).
EIRE Systems Data Center Services covers the full spectrum of data center services from site selection, to design, buildout and commissioning including:
- Critical IT Systems Requirements Definition – following clients’ global minimum requirements
- Assessment of existing/future IT Infrastructure
- Risk Assessment – using defined Risk Criteria our Risk Assessment identifies and ranks risks under a number of categories culminating is a measured level of risk associated with a proposed data center location. Topics covered under this Risk Assessment include:
- Natural Risk
- Man-made Risk
- Facility/Utility Risk
- Physical Security Risk
- Oversight of Environmental Assessment/Study (using EIRE environmental specialist partners)
- Financial Due Diligence – detailed financial analysis of shortlisted data center site.
IT Design Services
- Technology specification, recommendations and product review.
- Production of an IT Infrastructure project plan including installation schedules.
- Design of major data center components including MDF and IDF rooms, patch frame, cable pathways (high and low level) equipment rack layouts, and provisions for telecommunications and carriers.
- Coordination of all IT discipline requirements for procurement and installation of core IT infrastructure.
- Detailed CAD renderings for data center layout, cabling reticulation on all floors and in all IT rooms including rack elevations.
- Production of RFP documentation.
- Vendor negotiation and bid analysis with recommendations.
- Liaison with internal/overseas engineering team for approval of final design
- Coordination of all equipment installations with power, construction and other contractors.
- Production, monitoring and reporting of installation program.
- Day-to-day monitoring of work in progress.
- Cost tracking and change management.
- Attendance of all IT and site construction meetings.
Relocation and Commissioning
- Coordination of relocation and commissioning of equipment from legacy/existing data centers into new data centers.
Our BCP/DR projects are managed using a four-phase approach:
Phase 1 – Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
Ensures that the most cost-effective business continuity measures are introduced in line with defined business risks and activities.
Phase 2 – BCP and Alternative Recovery Site Plan
Consisting of the production of a Business Continuity Plan IT Requirements Report. The purpose of the report is to detail the IT systems necessary to translate the IT requirements described in the BIA into a desktop and machine room equipment requirement.
Phase 3 – DR Site Build
Following approval of the plans produced in Phase 2, a DR Site is built out. This phase requires the participation of local and possibly regional IT personnel. During this phase, third-party vendor proposals and pricing are vetted and compared to global pricing and current Service Level Agreements in order to implement the most cost-effective solution.
Phase 4 – DR Site Test
Following the DR Site Build phase, an associated test and training procedure is conducted for each business unit. The results from this testing and training will identify problems or issues and provide feedback required to update the BCP/DR procedures, roles, and responsibilities associated with the IT systems and support infrastructure.
As an organization, our multi-disciplinary approach enables strategic clarity as it relates to technology, physical infrastructure and financial impact. From defining your overall Data Center, Server Migration, Technology Renewal or Relocation Strategies, to implementing a BCP/DR solution, with several hundred projects under our belt EIRE Systems can formulate a best-fit IT Strategy for your organization.
Our analysts will walk you through a step-by-step process including a review of your long term business objectives, current technology infrastructure, business processes, service vendors and contractor positioning, the output of which will be a clearly defined IT strategy encompassing the most cost-effective and technologically feasible solution for your business.
Migrations and Technology Renewal
Deploying a clear Migration and Technology Renewal strategy will enable your business to make technology decisions based on cost, your return on investment, and the impact to your business. Often current systems can be migrated within the same product line where systems will be upgraded with hardware and/or software to meet your current and long term business needs. In cases where your existing technology is unable to meet the current or long term needs of your organization a new technology migration strategy will need to be developed. When moving to a new technology platform the impact to your business can be significant. You will need to understand the differences and how to communication these differences to your user community and/or customers.
There are many factors that need to be considered when implementing a new migration strategy and EIRE Systems can provide you with the answers. A clear strategy will save you money, time and possibly customers.
With ever increasing power and cooling requirement, increased deployment of low profile servers and advances in blade frame technologies, greater emphasis needs to be placed on the delivery of Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) services to the data center. Requirements for fault tolerance where the data center can sustain at least one unplanned worst-case site infrastructure failure with no critical load impact, and the development of off-site/co-location strategies coupled with BCP/DR demands need also to be considered. Through our systematic approach to risk assessment, and our understanding of local, regional and global technology requirements, we are in a positioned to formulate a data center strategy to best cater to your business needs.
Defining project plans and schedules, project organization definition, resource planning, determining physical infrastructure requirements, evaluating new technologies, technology and vendor selection, engaging the IT organization, responding to business needs, technology deployment and testing, asset tracking, budget definition and cost control, and project signoff and documentation, are the processes at the core of a well executed relocation or restack project. Using these processes EIRE Systems can run your relocation or restack to ensure a successful and well timed relocation.
The effect of a major disaster on your business can be tremendous, and in cases where adequate safety nets have not been put in place, the result can be financial loss, or regulatory or legal complications. In today’s business environment a Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery strategy that can protect your business against minor or local IT, building or company wide outages, or large natural disasters needs to be in place. Our consultants can work with you to:
- Establish a broad BCP/DR policy
- Obtain stake holders’ signoff and budget approval
- Implement a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) process
- Develop a site specific BCP/DR IT strategy
- Organize and resource the BCP/DR project
- Initiate fieldwork and deliver a solution
- Test and train end users