EIRE Systems has assisted many small to medium sized corporations to implement cloud solutions using both Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) based solutions.
An example of one of these projects is a client in the US food industry, who was looking to renew their current IT infrastructure, updating their email system and building resilience into their IT infrastructure to protect against disaster.
Existing On-premises Infrastructure Included:
- 2 Domain controllers (Windows 2003 / Windows 2008)
- 1 File sharing server (Windows 2008)
- 1 Exchange 2010 server (Windows 2003)
- 1 Firewall
- 1 Backup tape unit
New Cloud Based Solution
- Purchase of new server for use as on-premises domain controller and file sharing.
- Activate cloud server as the 2nd domain controller.
- Setup DFSR (full file sync of data directory) between on-premises server, and cloud server.
- Setup backup on cloud server for daily backups.
- Install new firewall.
- Setup SSL VPN tunnel between Client’s office and cloud.
- Setup Microsoft Office 365 mail system.
- Migrate all current email data to Office 365.
Benefits of Solution
- Redundant Active Directory infrastructure with servers in different locations. In case on-premises server fails client devices automatically switch over to the Cloud server.
- Redundant data storage, data is located both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Disaster recovery – in case the Client‘s office is inaccessible in the event of a disaster, a switch over to the cloud server is possible with minimal time and effort.
- All data is backed up in the cloud.
- Upgrade to the latest mail system technology, as well as larger mail store capacity.
- Upgrade of Microsoft Office package (as part of MS Office 365).
- Cleanup of Active Directory remnants.